- (a) All content on this website (“Materials”) is either owned by or licensed to Freelancers Union and are protected by intellectual property and other laws. Freelancers Union, Inc. and our licensors retain all proprietary rights to the Materials. This Website is Copyright © 2001-2021 Freelancers Union, Inc. All rights are reserved. Except as expressly authorized by Freelancers Union, Inc., any use, copy, reproduction, display, performance, modification or retransmission of the Materials is strictly prohibited. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may download the Materials for your personal non-commercial use or to share with others for their personal non-commercial use, provided you keep intact all proprietary and other notices.
- (b) We do not claim any ownership rights in the text, files, images, video, sounds, works of authorship, or other materials that you post on or through this Website (collectively, “Content”). After posting Content on or through this Website, you continue to retain all ownership rights in such Content. By posting Content on or through this Website, you hereby grant to us and to certain third party vendors that we contract with, a license to use, modify, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce and distribute such Content for any purpose without compensation to you. This license is nonexclusive, fully paid and royalty-free, sublicensable and worldwide.
- You represent and warrant that (i) you own or control all applicable rights or you have obtained any consent or approval under any applicable copyright, trademark, intellectual property or other laws that may be necessary to publish, store or use the Content, (ii) you have the right to grant the license set forth in this section, and (iii) the posting of your Content on or through this Website or its use by us does not and will not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, contract rights, copyrights or any other rights of any person or entity. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees or other amounts owed to any person or entity for any Content posted by you on or through this Website or our use of the Content in accordance with this license.
- (c) Submissions; Monitoring. The Website provides original commentary, news, tips and trends regarding freelancing. The Website also enables you to post comments and other content to the blog feature of the Website (“Submissions”). We believe that the Website contributes to the freelance community and supports new freelancers, as well as encouraging the healthy exchange of information and viewpoints. We respect your ownership of and responsibility for the content you wish to share. You acknowledge and agree that Operator does not and shall not have any obligation to review Submissions, and therefore we do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of Submissions and we cannot assure that harmful, inaccurate, deceptive, offensive, threatening, defamatory, unlawful or otherwise objectionable Submissions will not appear on the Website. However, you acknowledge and agree that we have the right to monitor and to alter, edit, refuse to post or remove any Submission that you post to the Website, in whole or in part, for any reason or for no reason, in our sole discretion, and you agree that we do not have any obligation to use or respond to any Submission. You agree that you shall immediately notify Operator in writing of any objectionable Submissions or other content appearing on the Website.
- (d) Submissions: Restrictions. By posting a Submission to the Website, you warrant and represent that (i) you own the proprietary rights to such Submission, and (ii) such Submission does and will not infringe any party’s intellectual property, publicity, privacy, or other rights and that such Submission is and will not be defamatory or libelous. Furthermore, you agree not to post or otherwise submit to the Website any Submission that:
- is fraudulent;
- is designed to interrupt, or destroys or limits the functionality of, any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or interferes with or disrupts the Website, services connected to the Website, or otherwise interferes with operations or services of this Website in any way;
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights of any party; including the promoting of an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person’s copyrighted work;
- is offensive to the Website community or to us, such as content that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual or which harasses or harms, or advocates the harassment or harming of another person;
- involves the transmission of “junk mail”, “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass mailing or “spamming”, or solicits PII from other visitors to the Website;
- promotes information that is false or misleading, or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- links to materials or other content, directly or indirectly, to which the user posting such material does not have a right to link or which competes in any manner with the Website or Operator;
- violates a person’s rights of publicity and/or privacy; or
- violates any applicable local, state, national, or international law.
You acknowledge that Submissions posted to the Website may be subject to size and usage limitations, and that you are responsible for adhering to such limitations.
- (e) Grant of License to Submissions. By posting Submissions to the Website, you automatically grant, and represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to Operator, a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, sublicensable (through multiple tiers), assignable, fully paid, royalty free, worldwide license to use, copy, modify, adapt, publish, derivative works of or incorporate into other works such Submissions, communicate to the public, distribute (through multiple tiers), perform or display such Submissions (in whole or in part) and/or to incorporate such Submissions in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing through multiple tiers of sublicensees, including the right to exercise the copyright, publicity, and any other rights over any of the materials contained in such Submissions for any purpose, including for purposes of advertising and publicity on the Website and elsewhere. No Submissions shall impose any obligation on Operator, whether of attribution or otherwise, and Operator shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of any such Submissions.